Declined [Scammer Tag Appeal]: 76561198097499917 "The Drunk Dolphin"

Discussion in 'Fraud Appeal Archives' started by The Drunk Dolphin, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Drunk Dolphin

The Drunk Dolphin Scarcely Active

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    | steamname: The Drunk Dolphin
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:68617094
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198097499917
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198097499917

Description
    Sorry if this is late, but I just got marked on Steamrep today. I remember challenging Christopher Eccleston to a heavy boxing match.

The reason I left the match was because I began lagging badly, became frustrated, and went to a different server. I didn't take the match seriously, so I didn't bother to return.

I changed my name to "xXTrickshotXx #NoScope" because I had just received a Specialized Killstreak Australium Sniper Rifle and was showing it off, I didn't try to avoid anything.

At this point I'm not sure what I can do. I can return the scrap or duel him again.

Please provide any and all evidence
    Day before duel http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198097499917?time=1390723200 - No sniper

Day of the duel http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198097499917?time=1390809600 - Have the sniper

All I can really prove is why I changed my name.

Please add any miscellaneous information we should know

Is there any private information you wish to provide?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. The Drunk Dolphin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also, I'm a bit confused why the other report got accepted. I challenged him to a duel, won, he paid a scrap, I agreed to do a rematch but disconnected before the match begun. I don't see how that is scamming.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jin&Tonic

Jin&Tonic Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
    Staff Member Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    You agreed to do a wager and the boxing match began (as we can see because you used the boxing plugin and that logs actions) and then you left during it.

That's running from a wagered match, and resulted in the tag.

You've admitted to scamming, is there any reason you believe your appeal should be considered?

4. The Drunk Dolphin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I scammed him unintentionally, like I said before I only left because I was frustrated about the lag I was having. I can return the scrap as it belongs to him.

5. The Drunk Dolphin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh and the only reason I haven't returned the scrap is because he removed me when trying to explain things.

6. The Drunk Dolphin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm guessing you haven't responded yet because I just posted a comment when I should have replied to your post, if not sorry for being impatient. Is my appeal being considered?

7. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    It is, however, appeals tend to be for improper tags or issues with the punishment, however you did commit an offense.

That's why it is taking longer.

8. The Drunk Dolphin

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Again, sorry if I'm being impatient. Will a decision be made any time soon?

9. Jin&Tonic

Ratings:
    +2,352 / 75
    At this time, given that no new evidence has been provided. I'm going to deny this appeal.

If in the future you receive new evidence or believe the tag was improper you may appeal again, but based off what I see in the report and here, the tag was correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice