Virus fixing time!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by MrSrgsnowman, Sep 8, 2014.

1. MrSrgsnowman

MrSrgsnowman The Snowman staff, I'll try not to melt :P
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 8
    I have a lot of experience with fixing computers and have found 2 programs that pretty much fix any virus problem and I've been using them for a long time. Just thought I'd mention them and a couple others I can point people to if they ever have any computer problems. The first one is micro-trend housecall. Just get the free one and it will fix any normal virus and is by far the best free one out there. The other virus one is malwarebytes anti-malware, that thing will find an average of 200 problems on its first scan if someone doesn't have an anti-malware software. This is by no means an advertisement for these people, they're just pc clean-up programs that I've used for years and thought I should mention to all you guys so you have an idea of what to do when something turns up. If there are any other further problems you want to discuss, you can add me on steam and I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bottswana

Bottswana And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Staff Member Co-Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +193 / 6
    R-Kill.
    Run before downloading/running a scan with Malwarebytes. It looks for anything that could prevent a virus scanner from scanning and cleaning your machine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrSrgsnowman

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 8
    Malwarebytes already has something they call "malware chameleon" which bypasses some of that stuff but it never hurts to do lots of scans

4. Bottswana

Bottswana And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
    Staff Member Co-Owner Universal Staff Discord Staff Donator

Ratings:
    +193 / 6
    It's not a scan, It's a small utility that kills malware that will prevent the installation of Malwarebytes. IE, before it can defend itself.

#4 Bottswana, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  5. MrSrgsnowman

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 8
    Oh ok, nice, always something to learn right? (I guess) Thanks for the info :)

6. Helen Kane

Helen Kane Sufficiently Active

Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    Yeah I use Avast/MalwareBytes/R-kill/T-killer

7. MrSrgsnowman

Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +52 / 8
    They seem to keep my computer running and fix any computers I have worked with so I think they're pretty good

• About Harpoon

Harpoon Gaming is a gaming community, with servers in Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and more. We were founded on the idea that no matter who you are, you have a home here. Too often we see communities rife with bullies and trolls, and Harpoon was created because we think we can do better than that.
  • Like us on Facebook

• Donate to Harpoon!

Donator is 1 key per month and 16 keys for lifetime. You will have donator access on all of our servers. If you wish to donate to Harpoon Gaming, contact a Full Admin or above. To learn more, head over to the donator page.

Donate to us!
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice